Thank you for contacting Evergreen Property Management; we’re happy to help with your search for a home!
How do I apply?
You will find an online application for each unit at www.ftcrent.com/vacancies/, or by visiting our office at 1000 Driftwood Dr., Fort Collins, CO 80525. You do not need to apply for more than one unit – just apply once and we can transfer your application at no charge if you decide on a different unit!
What do you need to process my application? :
• A completed application form with your relevant applicant information, current employment and rental references.
• A copy of a photo ID (a driver’s license works well).
• Proof of your income, this can be the paystubs from the previous 30 consecutive days, the previous year’s W-9, or proof of financial aid if you are a student.
• A non-refundable $55 application fee.
• Please note that everyone 18 years of age and over who plans to reside at the property will need to apply separately. We will process all applicants together to help meet income requirements. Also, please be aware that you, and others applying with you, will not be considered for a property until all steps of the application are completed. If you do not income qualify and need a guarantor form, one will be provided to you.
What is Evergreen’s screening process like?:
Evergreen Property Management, Inc., will run a credit and criminal background check on all applicants. We also verify employment and income and contact past landlords for rental references. There is not a specific credit score threshold to qualify. However, certain items on a credit report will result in automatic denial.
What items on my credit or criminal reports would result in an automatic denial?
•Substantial balances owed to previous landlords
•Unpaid civil judgements
• Open bankruptcy or bankruptcy that was filed within the last 2 years
• Substantial amounts of unpaid collection debt
• Any collection debt for utilities, phone services, etc. must be paid in full to be considered.
Other Items that may be considered with an additional deposit include:
• Debts showing late payments or non-payments
• Paid civil judgements
• Collection debt that has been charged off
• Older bankruptcies
A criminal history including any of the following will result in an automatic denial:
• Certain felony convictions – please call our office with any questions
• Violent criminal offences
• Sexual offences
• Terrorism related offences
• More than one DUI
• Arrest warrants
• Felony possession of a controlled substance, possession with intent to sell, manufacture, or distribution offences
Criminal history including any of the following may be considered with additional deposit:
• One DUI if three years or more have elapsed since the offense
• Completed probationary period for offenses not listed above
• Petty offenses not listed above *Note* Exceptions to any of the above may exist and approval is based on manager discretion
May I have pets at a property through Evergreen Property Management?
The pet policy does vary by property and owner; please refer to the individual property requirements at www.ftcrent.com/vacancies/. Evergreen requires written documentation that all dogs and cats are spayed/neutered, dogs must be at least one year old. Small caged pets are generally allowed at all properties, as long as they remain within their secure cage/tank. This includes hamsters, guinea pigs, rats, snakes, birds and fish.
What are your breed restrictions?
Our breed restrictions include:
Do any of your properties allow smoking?
Evergreen does not allow smoking within any of its residences (including but not limited to, cigarettes and marijuana). Residents are required to be a minimum of 20 feet from any door or window when smoking.
Would I be allowed to smoke or grow marijuana in my residence?
Although Colorado law has changed, Evergreen Property Management, Inc. follows federal guidelines and marijuana as a substance, or growing marijuana, is not allowed in any of its properties.
Do you have any properties that take Section 8?
Unfortunately, we are not able to assist Section 8 inquires at this time.
Can I rent a large house from Evergreen Property Management, Inc. with my four other roommates?
As a company we do enforce all Fort Collins residence laws (U+2), meaning that no more than three unrelated residents can reside together within city limits.
How do I schedule a showing for a property I’m interested in?
Please follow directions on the website www.ftcrent.com to contact us and schedule a showing for any and all properties you’ve reviewed on the website that you are interested in. When you call, please be prepared with the specific addresses of the properties you are interested in, as well as a phone number you can be reached at. If you plan to bring an additional person to the showing, please let our staff know when scheduling so we can be prepared. Please remember, these are guided tours with a member of the Evergreen staff, not an open house. We’ll be there to answer any questions you might have!
Evergreen schedules showings Monday – Friday from 9:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Showings do not occur on weekends. Please remember to check the website frequently as new properties are added often! And most importantly, good luck with your search for a new home!